SESLHD adopted the clinical stream model to provide a process for clinician engagement in management in healthcare.
Within SESLHD, the role of the streams is to:
- Support safe and high quality patient care, including consistency of quality clinical outcomes across the LHD,
- Lead Service Rationalisation projects by coordinating district wide involvement and spreading local innovations,
- Improve equity of outcomes, equity of access, and equity of quality across the district at an international, best practice level,
- Ensure consistent performance across the district,
- Lead strategic direction and service planning,
- Develop and assist implementation of Models of Care,
- Translators of research and innovation,
- Drive quality and safety,
- Coordinate responses to the pillars,
- Coordinate standardisation of relevant policies and guidelines,
- Promote standardisation,
- Reduce unwarranted clinical variation,
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding the best use and resourcing of medical workforce across the district, and
- Support site based quality and improvement projects.