LAN 3 (NSW) Radiology Training Network
Welcome to the LAN 3 (NSW) Radiology Training Network (also known as the Southern NSW Radiology Training Network), one of the largest Radiology training networks in Australia and New Zealand.
Our aim is to recruit and train outstanding trainees and to produce world-class Radiologists.
What our training program offers
We offer our trainees (ie. registrars) an exceptional 5-year training program in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, leading to accreditation as a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (“RANZCR”) and the ability to practice as a RANZCR qualified Radiologist.
LAN 3 trainees gain significant Radiological work experience and training in a variety of medical imaging modalities (eg. X-ray, Ultrasound, CT, fluoroscopy, and MRI etc) and radiological subspecialties, including:
- Angiography and Interventional;
- Breast imaging;
- Gynaecologic and obstetrics;
- Trauma radiology;
- Other sub-specialities/body-systems;
- Introduction to Nuclear Medicine.
Our LAN 3 sites
Our LAN 3 network encompasses the following RANZCR accredited and linked training sites, exposing trainees to a broad mix of metropolitan, rural, public and private settings across NSW:
- Liverpool Hospital (incorporating Campbelltown Hospital, Bankstown Hospital, and Children’s Hospital at Westmead) in Liverpool, Sydney;
- Prince of Wales Hospital (incorporating The Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney Children's Hospital Randwick, and Sydney Hospital/Sydney Eye Hospital) in Randwick, Sydney;
- St George Hospital in Kogarah, Sydney;
- St Vincent's Hospital in Darlinghurst, Sydney;
- The Wollongong Hospital in southern NSW;
2022 Annual recruitment information updated
2022 LAN 3 information evening event (11/7/22) added
Last updated: 30/06/2022