Adahps (previously the AIDS Dementia and HIV Psychiatry Service) is a statewide service operating in NSW since 1997. Adahps provides a range of confidential and free services aimed at assisting NSW residents who have HIV related cognitive impairment and complex health needs.
Services offered by Adahps include:
- Case management; for individuals with HIV, multiple comorbidities and complex psychosocial needs receiving health care in NSW, and living within Southern LHD, Murrumbidgee LHD, Far Western LHD, or Western LHD.
- Co-case management; for individuals across NSW living with moderate to severe HAND (HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder) and HIV-related cognitive impairment
- Neuropsychological assessment
- NSW HIV Supported Accommodation Program
- Brokered care
Additional programs facilitated under Adahps include:
- Persons in Custody HIV Referral Project (PICS)
- HIV Alcohol and Other Drugs Integrated Care Program
- Specialist medical assessment referral
- Peer support and education