Research projects that require access to SESLHD patients, SESLHD staff, tissue or data but does not involve the conduct of research at SESLHD sites require the submission and approval of a formal Access Request as opposed to Site Specific Authorisation.
Research activities that require an Access Request include:
- Participant recruitment through leaflets or posters that does not involve any direct contact with potential participants;
- Distribution of surveys or questionnaires through SESLHD staff where collation and analysis is not occurring at a SESLHD site;
- Access to data or tissue held within SESLHD where processing and analysis is not occurring at a SESLHD site.
To submit an Access Request, email SESLHD-RSO@health.nsw.gov.au with the following:
- A completed Access Request Form available on the OHMR website
- A cover letter outlining:
- The project title;
- The Coordinating Principal Investigator name and contact details;
- The reviewing HREC;
- Details of the resources being requested from SESLHD (e.g. staff time to distribute surveys etc.); and
- How you intend to access those resources.
- Correspondence from the Head of Department confirming their support of the project and ability to provide the required resources.
For information on contingent worker onboarding & access to SESLHD sites, please contact SESLHD People and Culture. Tel. 9382 3070, SESLHD-PeopleandCultureEnquiries@health.nsw.gov.au or SESLHD-PositionMaintenance@health.nsw.gov.au