Information for Referring Health Professionals
How can I make an emergency referral?
For emergency enquiries, including after hours, the on-call Hand Registrar or Fellow must be contacted, by the referring Doctor, through the main hospital switchboard on +61 2 9382 7111. A referral needs to be completed and sent to the Hand Clinic either by:
- using the referral form
- via eMR consults - Hand Clinic Referrals SSEH
- via email - SSESLHD-HandClinicReferrals@health.nsw.gov.au
How can I make a referral that is not an emergency?
- All referrals are to be made using the referral form. Referrals must be completed by the referring Medical Practitioner and faxed to 9382 7571 or emailed to SESLHD-HandClinicReferrals@health.nsw.gov.au
- Alternatively referrals can be made through the electronic medical record system (eMR) via consults – Hand Clinic Referrals SSEH.
- Please Note - Urgent referrals need to be discussed with the Hand unit Medical Team and an appointment allocated. It is the responsibility of the referring medical officer to ensure an appointment is allocated for the patient and is documented on the referral form.
- The Hand team will review waitlist referrals and contact the patient with an appropriate appointment.