Eye Clinic - Information for Health Professionals
Making a referral to the Eye Clinic
All referrals to the Sydney Children's Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital Eye Clinic (excluding eye emergencies and traumas) require a completed Eye Clinic Referral Form.
Please provide us with the referral, by one of the methods listed below:
- Fax the referral to 9382 2281
- Bring the referral in person to our reception
- Post the referral via mail to the Eye Clinic, Level 4, High Street Building, The Prince of Wales Hospital, High Street, Randwick, NSW 2031.
Incomplete referrals will be returned and will not be processed until all the required information has been provided.
Once the completed referral has been received and triaged by our clinic, your patient will be placed in a wait-list for the next available appointment. When your patient's appointment has been confirmed, we will notify them by sending a letter to their home address confirming the date, time and location of their appointment.
If your patient is experiencing a medical emergency please dial 000 or direct your patient to their nearest Hospital Emergency Department.
If your paediatric patient’s referral is urgent please contact:
- The Lions Eye Clinic for Children staff directly on 9382 2261 (Press option 1, then 3) during opening hours or
- The on-call Paediatric Ophthalmology Registrar (via the Switchboard operator) on 9382 2222 outside of opening hours.
If your adult patient's referral is urgent, please contact:
- The Eye Clinic staff directly on 9382 2261 (Press option 2, then 5) during opening hours or
- The on-call Ophthalmology Registrar through our Hospital switchboard on 9382 2222 outside of opening hours.
Our estimated wait times for routine and non-urgent appointments are up to 8-12 months from the receipt of completed referrals. Please note, there are alternatives to a consultation at the Eye Clinic. If your patient wants an earlier appointment than we can offer, we suggest you discuss alternatives with your patient.
- Professor Minas Coroneo
- Associate Professor Michael Hennessy
- Dr Patrick Versace
- Dr Alan Flax
- Dr Edwin Figueira
- Dr Jennifer Sandbach
- Dr Katherine Masselos
- Dr Leanne Cheung
- Dr Anthony Maloof
- Associate Professor Ian Francis
- Dr Derek Chan
- Dr John Downie
- Dr Stephanie Watson
- Dr Allan Bank
- Dr Geoff Wilcsek
- Dr Ashish Agar
- Dr Nagi Assaad
Agency for Clinical Innovation | Opthamology Network
Login into South Eastern Sydney Health Pathways and search for opthalmology under surgery.